The stairs for the Magic Flute. Turned out well in the end even if I did fall out with the spindles when I was glueing it up. Learnt a few new tricks for marking out and measuring too. Was nice getting to build something that isn’t flat.
Been a while and im a bit behind but here is some of the Magic Flute set during construction. Been a mad rush to get it done and we are still miles behind, not our fault just the way it ended up.
One of the doorways. There are 5 in total. We are using them in the production of Tommy.
Bit of a pain to make if im honest. Trying to get everything square and lined up so there are no gaps. We got better as we went on but quickly found out how a few tiny mistakes at the start can have a ripple affect.
Shots from the set of the first Shakespeare. The set is pretty small, just 5 flats. 4 will double sided with what you see above on one side and and the other there will be carved polystyrene to look like standing stones and the other with a hidden door in the panelling where an actor will sit.
It was good fun doing the panelling something a bit different that looks nice at the end.
There was some inconsistency in the plans we were given as there were several sets. It worked out ok though just a bit annoying at the start.
Things i would change would be the way the hidden door opens. I would have had a little mechanism to open it easier. I would also have tried to make the join of the door a bit more concealed.
I will post some pictures of the stones when they are complete.
Strike. The strike for panto. Was a bit hectic but great fun smashing everything up. We only had a day for it and that included getting the traps out and covered again. the only bad thing was when I fell out with the circular saw but I was getting tired and had been using it all day. The video is of the demon cave being carefully taken apart.
A few pictures from the dress rehearsal with everything finished and working (apart from the eyes in the demon cave but that was not my dept).